QBE insurance group met the challenge of swiftly deploying a desktop virtualization solution, after practically outsourcing its entire IT department overnight. Read their story to learn how to allow users a comfortable desktop while ensuring that IT can maintain control.
A success story by one of Australia’s largest owners and managers of quality real estate, read about how Investa Property Group became more agile and responsive, while improving user experience with their comprehensive desktop solution.
This infographic details the effects a new operating system that has solved desktop problems for more than 700,000 healthcare professionals, 1.8 million financial service users, 250,000 education users, over 300,000 pharmaceutical users and 1.7 million public sector users on more than 6 million end points.
Many firms are acutely aware of the risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Companies simply cannot overlook the consequences of public exposure that would likely result if sensitive data is lost, stolen, compromised or cannot be located. This white paper explores the challenges associated with safeguarding data and opening up universal access for distributed desktop and laptop systems residing at the edge of an organization's IT infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW