Increasing complexity in the data centre, including the rapid deployment of virtual servers, ever-expanding compliance requirements, and increasing amounts of sensitive data on mobile devices has put more strain on backup and recovery. Read on.
While backup is among the oldest, most performed tasks in the data center, the industry is undergoing significant change as organisations accelerate new technology adoption and show a propensity to implement new solutions, in some cases from vendors that are emerging or new to the backup market.
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
The reality of natural disasters such as flood, fire and even earthquakes can strike without warning. But it is not just natural disasters we need to be mindful of, the threat of technical, man-made threats and errors are commonplace.
A survey was undertaken by Victorian Government with analysis by Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) a leading BCM provider. This exercise benchmarked the current state of business resilience and business continuity within government departments against global good practice, based on a comprehensive survey of Victorian State Departments.
Faster and more reliable backup and recovery processes promote a more efficient and effective data protection environment. In addition, they allow IT administrators to consolidate and grow NAS file shares beyond their current limits. Read on.
In this paper, IDC examines the solutions from EMC and explains how they speed the benefits of virtualisation while modernising the backup and recovery process.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD