With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
A survey was undertaken by Victorian Government with analysis by Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) a leading BCM provider. This exercise benchmarked the current state of business resilience and business continuity within government departments against global good practice, based on a comprehensive survey of Victorian State Departments.
The reality of natural disasters such as flood, fire and even earthquakes can strike without warning. But it is not just natural disasters we need to be mindful of, the threat of technical, man-made threats and errors are commonplace.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
With many backup and recovery strategies not keeping up with rampant data growth and increasing migration to virtual environments, many in-house IT budgets are stretched to breaking point. This whitepaper outlines the best practice in delivering a backup strategy that is efficient, effective and affordable. Click to download!
Virtualisation is never ‘a once size fits all’ proposition. Particularly for SMBs who are looking for third-party solutions, there is no shortage of vendors offering solutions. This whitepaper is a how-to guide for identifying what you need and how to determine which solution would deliver the perfect fit for your organisation. Click to download!
Can an organisation’s backup and recovery strategy keep pace with rampant virtualisation. With possible untamed data growth, data management problems are increasingly compounded, leaving a strategy with possible points of weakness. Read how to deliver a solution that is both cost effective and minimises possible business downtime.
Companies continue to explore the available options and methods of disaster recovery that seem to be most beneficial to business in today’s market. The traditional approaches in disaster recovery force organisations to choose between cost and speed, leaving many applications inadequately protected. Firms are making it a priority to purchase or upgrade their disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities, this Technology Adoption Profile examines the importance of these capabilities, along with global enterprises’ interest in leveraging an externally hosted cloud for disaster recovery. Read more.
Disaster recovery articles include: 4 Steps to Help Your IT Team When Disaster Strikes; If Disaster Strikes Will Your Critical Enterprise Apps Be Ready To Get You Back in Business; Disaster Recovery on a Budget; Seven strategies for keeping disaster recovery ON TARGET; Disaster Recovery in the Cloud Yields ROI and more.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCTest Analysts - MainframeACT
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW