With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
A survey was undertaken by Victorian Government with analysis by Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) a leading BCM provider. This exercise benchmarked the current state of business resilience and business continuity within government departments against global good practice, based on a comprehensive survey of Victorian State Departments.
The reality of natural disasters such as flood, fire and even earthquakes can strike without warning. But it is not just natural disasters we need to be mindful of, the threat of technical, man-made threats and errors are commonplace.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
With many backup and recovery strategies not keeping up with rampant data growth and increasing migration to virtual environments, many in-house IT budgets are stretched to breaking point. This whitepaper outlines the best practice in delivering a backup strategy that is efficient, effective and affordable. Click to download!
Virtualisation is never ‘a once size fits all’ proposition. Particularly for SMBs who are looking for third-party solutions, there is no shortage of vendors offering solutions. This whitepaper is a how-to guide for identifying what you need and how to determine which solution would deliver the perfect fit for your organisation. Click to download!
Can an organisation’s backup and recovery strategy keep pace with rampant virtualisation. With possible untamed data growth, data management problems are increasingly compounded, leaving a strategy with possible points of weakness. Read how to deliver a solution that is both cost effective and minimises possible business downtime.
Companies continue to explore the available options and methods of disaster recovery that seem to be most beneficial to business in today’s market. The traditional approaches in disaster recovery force organisations to choose between cost and speed, leaving many applications inadequately protected. Firms are making it a priority to purchase or upgrade their disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities, this Technology Adoption Profile examines the importance of these capabilities, along with global enterprises’ interest in leveraging an externally hosted cloud for disaster recovery. Read more.
Disaster recovery articles include: 4 Steps to Help Your IT Team When Disaster Strikes; If Disaster Strikes Will Your Critical Enterprise Apps Be Ready To Get You Back in Business; Disaster Recovery on a Budget; Seven strategies for keeping disaster recovery ON TARGET; Disaster Recovery in the Cloud Yields ROI and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW