With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
A survey was undertaken by Victorian Government with analysis by Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) a leading BCM provider. This exercise benchmarked the current state of business resilience and business continuity within government departments against global good practice, based on a comprehensive survey of Victorian State Departments.
The reality of natural disasters such as flood, fire and even earthquakes can strike without warning. But it is not just natural disasters we need to be mindful of, the threat of technical, man-made threats and errors are commonplace.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
With many backup and recovery strategies not keeping up with rampant data growth and increasing migration to virtual environments, many in-house IT budgets are stretched to breaking point. This whitepaper outlines the best practice in delivering a backup strategy that is efficient, effective and affordable. Click to download!
Virtualisation is never ‘a once size fits all’ proposition. Particularly for SMBs who are looking for third-party solutions, there is no shortage of vendors offering solutions. This whitepaper is a how-to guide for identifying what you need and how to determine which solution would deliver the perfect fit for your organisation. Click to download!
Can an organisation’s backup and recovery strategy keep pace with rampant virtualisation. With possible untamed data growth, data management problems are increasingly compounded, leaving a strategy with possible points of weakness. Read how to deliver a solution that is both cost effective and minimises possible business downtime.
Companies continue to explore the available options and methods of disaster recovery that seem to be most beneficial to business in today’s market. The traditional approaches in disaster recovery force organisations to choose between cost and speed, leaving many applications inadequately protected. Firms are making it a priority to purchase or upgrade their disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities, this Technology Adoption Profile examines the importance of these capabilities, along with global enterprises’ interest in leveraging an externally hosted cloud for disaster recovery. Read more.
Disaster recovery articles include: 4 Steps to Help Your IT Team When Disaster Strikes; If Disaster Strikes Will Your Critical Enterprise Apps Be Ready To Get You Back in Business; Disaster Recovery on a Budget; Seven strategies for keeping disaster recovery ON TARGET; Disaster Recovery in the Cloud Yields ROI and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCProject managerACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA