Today, enterprises across the world are crafting cloud strategies and starting to invest in private clouds to take advantage of the economic benefits that cloud models offer. In fact, Forrester found that 29% of enterprises consider building a private cloud a high or critical priority.1 The more interesting finding, however, is that although enterprises greatly desire the economic benefits from a cloud model, those who have implemented a private cloud are not taking full advantage of those benefits. Read on.
As more business processes across Suncorp are standardized and consolidated, the company plans to build on its current efficiencies and continue to deliver new capabilities to its customers —both internal and external.
A PARADIGM SHIFT FOR GOVERNMENT IT - Operate more efficiently. That’s the order of the day for government organisations, but obstacles are everywhere. These include soiled information, outdated IT processes, and distributed IT budgets and staff—with little consistency in how information is managed across numerous agencies and systems. Storage is growing at more than 30 percent annually. Utilisation rates are under 50 percent. Power and cooling costs account for 25 percent of the budget. Human errors cause network downtime, and new applications take two to six months to deploy. At least that was the case up until recently. Now we have the cloud.
Federal agencies, like private sector enterprises, stand to gain tremendous advantages from the ability to have virtually unlimited computing and storage assets residing in multiple locations, all efficiently, economically, and securely operating as a single entity. This is the core of the many game-changing advantages that cloud computing delivers. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)VIC
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCIteration ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTDelivery LeadACT
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTAgile Iteration ManagerWA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW