Today, enterprises across the world are crafting cloud strategies and starting to invest in private clouds to take advantage of the economic benefits that cloud models offer. In fact, Forrester found that 29% of enterprises consider building a private cloud a high or critical priority.1 The more interesting finding, however, is that although enterprises greatly desire the economic benefits from a cloud model, those who have implemented a private cloud are not taking full advantage of those benefits. Read on.
As more business processes across Suncorp are standardized and consolidated, the company plans to build on its current efficiencies and continue to deliver new capabilities to its customers —both internal and external.
A PARADIGM SHIFT FOR GOVERNMENT IT - Operate more efficiently. That’s the order of the day for government organisations, but obstacles are everywhere. These include soiled information, outdated IT processes, and distributed IT budgets and staff—with little consistency in how information is managed across numerous agencies and systems. Storage is growing at more than 30 percent annually. Utilisation rates are under 50 percent. Power and cooling costs account for 25 percent of the budget. Human errors cause network downtime, and new applications take two to six months to deploy. At least that was the case up until recently. Now we have the cloud.
Federal agencies, like private sector enterprises, stand to gain tremendous advantages from the ability to have virtually unlimited computing and storage assets residing in multiple locations, all efficiently, economically, and securely operating as a single entity. This is the core of the many game-changing advantages that cloud computing delivers. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW