To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as:
• Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
In a study by the University of Bradford study, we look at the benefits of a strong telepresence and how organisations can become faster, more focused and environmentally responsible. Click to download!
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
Imagine if you gave up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies loose the same proportion to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. As a company’s internet is both costly and limited, click here to find out how best reduce bandwidth loss.
As information technology makes this move to the strategic center of business, leaders can no longer ignore the inefficiencies in today’s approach to computing. Multiple approaches exist as IT and business leaders shift to smarter computing. IBM's expertise in delivering complex solutions throughout infrastructure, middleware and applications—has helped the planet become smarter. Read more.
The benefits of determining data center infrastructure efficiency as part of an effective energy management plan are widely recognised. The standard metrics of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and its reciprocal Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency1 (DCIE) have emerged as recognised standards. This paper defines a standard approach to collecting data from data centers and showing how to use it to calculate PUE, with a focus on what to do with data that is confusing or incomplete.
While the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure (DCPI) are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them. Read this whitepaper.
Electrical power usage is not a typical design criterion for data centers, nor is it effectively managed as an expense. This is true despite the fact that the electrical power costs over the life of a data center may exceed the costs of the electrical power system including the UPS, and also may exceed the cost of the IT equipment. Read on.
This overview of six of the CIO Executive Council’s most important pieces of intellectual capital represents the thought leadership of literally hundreds of global CIOs spanning over half a decade. It is intended to convey the Council’s position on the current and future CIO role and the value that IT should be creating for the enterprise. We hope that it offers the IT community an intriguing and comprehensive roadmap for continued success.
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW