To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as:
• Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
In a study by the University of Bradford study, we look at the benefits of a strong telepresence and how organisations can become faster, more focused and environmentally responsible. Click to download!
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
Imagine if you gave up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies loose the same proportion to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. As a company’s internet is both costly and limited, click here to find out how best reduce bandwidth loss.
As information technology makes this move to the strategic center of business, leaders can no longer ignore the inefficiencies in today’s approach to computing. Multiple approaches exist as IT and business leaders shift to smarter computing. IBM's expertise in delivering complex solutions throughout infrastructure, middleware and applications—has helped the planet become smarter. Read more.
The benefits of determining data center infrastructure efficiency as part of an effective energy management plan are widely recognised. The standard metrics of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and its reciprocal Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency1 (DCIE) have emerged as recognised standards. This paper defines a standard approach to collecting data from data centers and showing how to use it to calculate PUE, with a focus on what to do with data that is confusing or incomplete.
While the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure (DCPI) are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them. Read this whitepaper.
Electrical power usage is not a typical design criterion for data centers, nor is it effectively managed as an expense. This is true despite the fact that the electrical power costs over the life of a data center may exceed the costs of the electrical power system including the UPS, and also may exceed the cost of the IT equipment. Read on.
This overview of six of the CIO Executive Council’s most important pieces of intellectual capital represents the thought leadership of literally hundreds of global CIOs spanning over half a decade. It is intended to convey the Council’s position on the current and future CIO role and the value that IT should be creating for the enterprise. We hope that it offers the IT community an intriguing and comprehensive roadmap for continued success.
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- FTInside Sales Consultants - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA