As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
This paper explores new developments in website security that online businesses should be implementing to build confidence in their sites, protect valuable brands and safeguard customers’ sensitive information, not to mention improving their bottom line.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC