As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
This paper explores new developments in website security that online businesses should be implementing to build confidence in their sites, protect valuable brands and safeguard customers’ sensitive information, not to mention improving their bottom line.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD