As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
This paper explores new developments in website security that online businesses should be implementing to build confidence in their sites, protect valuable brands and safeguard customers’ sensitive information, not to mention improving their bottom line.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia