As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
A unified approach to information security can help modern vital infrastructure providers deal with evolving IT threats without compromising on communications or the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. Flexible policies, combined with quality inbound threat detection, deep content inspection and encryption capabilities can help organisations to mitigate the risks – not just from outside the organisation, but also within it. Read this whitepaper.
This paper explores new developments in website security that online businesses should be implementing to build confidence in their sites, protect valuable brands and safeguard customers’ sensitive information, not to mention improving their bottom line.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW