For many small and medium-size businesses, the move to the cloud is done for very obvious business reasons—the first one being speed to implementation. A 2014 survey by the industry analyst firm Mint Jutras reported that “respondents with SaaS implementations reached their first go-live milestone 19% faster than those with on-premise solutions”. This is possible because cloud computing eliminates the need for purchasing and installing hardware and software.
In today’s business world, on-premise infrastructure simply doesn’t make sense. Every business today is cost-driven, to some extent. Capital outlay and recurring costs are concerns that keep financial controllers awake at night – and the cost of implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure is a major factor. Cloud computing has dramatically and permanently altered the business IT landscape. ERP systems that once required large, expensive on-premise servers, with associated high implementation and maintenance costs, can now be accessed in a variety of ways that slash those costs while providing superior performance.
Since implementing MYOB Advanced, Lauren and her team at the Woolcock Group have been able to streamline several processes and save an enormous amount of time. “Because we are able to build our own profit and loss reports which compare information across sub accounts, this has eliminated the need to export data to Excel to achieve the reports we need. The ability to search across multiple branches at any one time saves us time on many levels,” enthuses Lauren. In addition to this, the ability to access their accounting files through a web browser has meant the flexibility to work from anywhere, making managing all the separate businesses much easier.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Facebook's Caffe2 AI tools come to iPhone, Android, and Raspberry Pi
- Slack apps can now use drop-down menus
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD