This whitepaper provides provides a global view into enterprise application usage and the associated threats by summarizing network traffic assessments conducted in 3,056 organizations worldwide in 2012. The application and threat patterns discussed within this report dispel the position that social networking, filesharing and video applications are the most common threat vectors, while reaffirming that internal applications are highly prized targets.
Automating DSD operations is a proven practice to help solve problems and gain the ensuing productivity and profitability benefits. Mobile computing applications can help prevent order-entry errors and assist DSD staff in managing inventory more accurately and efficiently. This white paper discusses key considerations when selecting mobility solutions, and unveils how mobility-enabled operations can improve route accounting and DSD efficiency, reduce operating expenses, and boost customer satisfaction.
With the ease of adopting cloud computing, it is inevitable that some data and applications will eventually move there. Cloud providers offer many options for moving and storing data in the cloud, and often provide service level strategies well beyond the financial capabilities of small and medium businesses. Read more.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
The steady growth of mobile devices and ubiquitous connectivity is creating an inexorable trend toward enterprise-wide mobility. With the advent of cloud computing, organisations face the challenge of ensuring the integrity of their IT infrastructure while striking the right balance between the security and flexibility of enterprise operations. Successful firms are going to adopt the cloud oriented services that preserve the business value of the overall IT infrastructure. Read on.
Unmanaged cloud-based services can put organizations at risk for a data breach or non-compliance. Learn about the factors you should consider for deploying an enterprise-class secure file sharing solution in the cloud—including the benefits and risks of public, private, and hybrid options.
With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
Consumer file sharing and synchronization apps like Dropbox have caught on with business users. But these apps lack the security, centralized administration and management of enterprise solutions. Learn about the requirements you should look for in an enterprise-class mobile file sharing solution.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- Google to ship Project Soli gesture development kits later this year
- Lenovo innovation goes on a break with Tab 4 Android tablets
- How TomTom opened up for innovation
- Millennials push for public cloud, innovation
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTAdministrator - Land and PowerNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business ArchitectACT
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTEngagement Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT