Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
Organisations strive for leverage to drive down costs, improve business agility and benefit from increased automation and efficiency. In order to deliver performance, organisations compete on how best to remove the barriers of virtualisation and migrate their applications, while managing the associated complexity and risk. Read more to find how a focus of reference architecture delivers your goals.
This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
In this Endpoint Buyers Guide, we examine the top vendors according to market share and industry analysis: Kaspersky Lab, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec and Trend Micro. Each vendor’s solutions are evaluated according to: Product features and capabilities, Effectiveness, Performance, Usability, Data protection and Technical support.
Walls have served multiple purposes throughout history. The Great Wall of China defended against invaders, while the Berlin Wall kept citizens from freely traveling beyond the control of their rulers. Network security relies on similar premises. For years network security professionals touted “perimeter security” as the primary solution to keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. However, just as guns and air attacks overcame protective walls, changes in malware attacks have rendered network firewalls and perimeter-centric security an ineffective defense.
While the next-generation firewall (NGFW) is well defined by Gartner as something new, enterprisefocused, and distinct, many network security vendors are claiming NGFW is a subset of other functions (e.g. UTM or IPS). Most traditional network security vendors are attempting to provide application visibility and control by using a limited number of application signatures supported in their IPS or other external database. But underneath, these capabilities are poorly integrated and their products are still based on legacy port-blocking technology, not NGFW technology. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW