A universal, platform-agnostic approach to security best practices, which treats all smartphones as uncontrolled endpoints.
While the next-generation firewall (NGFW) is well defined by Gartner as something new, enterprisefocused, and distinct, many network security vendors are claiming NGFW is a subset of other functions (e.g. UTM or IPS). Most traditional network security vendors are attempting to provide application visibility and control by using a limited number of application signatures supported in their IPS or other external database. But underneath, these capabilities are poorly integrated and their products are still based on legacy port-blocking technology, not NGFW technology. Read on.
This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
Information ranging from trade secrets to privacy related information has become the target of sophisticated attacks from both sides of the firewall. Protecting data now requires a strategy that enables both preventive and detective controls. Read on.
In this Endpoint Buyers Guide, we examine the top vendors according to market share and industry analysis: Kaspersky Lab, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec and Trend Micro. Each vendor’s solutions are evaluated according to: Product features and capabilities, Effectiveness, Performance, Usability, Data protection and Technical support.
Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
The firewall market has traditionally been a staple, yet, mature market within the security space with little innovation being introduced. However, with the rapid change in the technology and threat landscape, a newer breed of of innovation focussing on applications visibility and control, termed Next Generation Firewalls has surfaced. This paper examines how Next Generation Firewalls can help organisations identify and block threat, while at the same time enforcing policies at an application level and ultimately helping organisations reduce the number of security devices and thus, saving costs.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
Organisations strive for leverage to drive down costs, improve business agility and benefit from increased automation and efficiency. In order to deliver performance, organisations compete on how best to remove the barriers of virtualisation and migrate their applications, while managing the associated complexity and risk. Read more to find how a focus of reference architecture delivers your goals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT