When it comes to protecting enterprise data, CIOs and CSOs are at a crossroads. The complexity and prevalence of security threats continue to grow, bolstered by consumer IT and mobility. The business requires and expects total freedom and choice in technology, yet risks come from any number of places: users at their desks, users working from many different mobile devices and unsecured networks, and users downloading applications at will from the Web. Hackers still have many more opportunities to grab enterprise data and are getting smarter by the day. Given the pace of change in our Web-based mobile world, who knows what next month will bring? To learn more read on.
Automating DSD operations is a proven practice to help solve problems and gain the ensuing productivity and profitability benefits. Mobile computing applications can help prevent order-entry errors and assist DSD staff in managing inventory more accurately and efficiently. This white paper discusses key considerations when selecting mobility solutions, and unveils how mobility-enabled operations can improve route accounting and DSD efficiency, reduce operating expenses, and boost customer satisfaction.
In the past, protection used to come from Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions, which used content inspection and applied a rules set to whether the information can be sent outside the organisation. Today, Adaptive Redaction is the next generation of DLP technology which enables content to be modified automatically based on policy and permit constant collaboration with external organisations. Find out more about this insurance and how critical information doesn't have to be at risk.
Multiple studies among finance executives indicate that the finance department has the opportunity to play a more strategic role, most are primarily focused on regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues. While compliance and governance are very important, it often seems the balance has been tipped towards risk aversion and away from value creating behavior. Companies have lost focus of their true purpose: to create and sustain business value. Read on.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
The existence of an established and stable governance risk and compliance strategy is extremely important to public and private sector organisations as they strive to meet an evergrowing range of regulatory demands. Given the current constraints, it is one of the few areas where the vast majority of organisations intend to either maintain or in many cases increase spending. Read more.
Risk Management is a key business process within both the private and public sectors around the world. Effective risk management and the resulting controlled environment are central to sound corporate governance and for this reason, much of the law that has been created in response to corporate collapses and scandals, now requires effective risk management. Read on
In this white paper, readers will learn how to leverage a blend of processes, technology, and industry best practices to successfully make and sell a business case for data governance. Ten critical steps will be outlined, from strategy development through presentation. This paper will also highlight Information Builders’ intelligence, integration, and integrity solutions, and how they can aid in effective data governance. Read now.
You fail an audit. Or customer information is compromised. Or you are called on the carpet for failing to meet a critical customer SLA. At that point you realise just how important it is to your organisation and to your career. How do you prepare for that moment? More importantly, how do you prevent it from happening in the first place? It is absolutely critical that you understand the possible consequences of a failure to properly monitor, control, and protect the movement of data. Missed opportunities and lost revenue might be the least of your worries. In some cases, poor practices can lead to lawsuits, fines, and even the failure of the business itself. The purpose of this eGuide is to help you grasp the measures that can keep your organisation on track to meet objectives and in line with regulations.
The steady growth of mobile devices and ubiquitous connectivity is creating an inexorable trend toward enterprise-wide mobility. With the advent of cloud computing, organisations face the challenge of ensuring the integrity of their IT infrastructure while striking the right balance between the security and flexibility of enterprise operations. Successful firms are going to adopt the cloud oriented services that preserve the business value of the overall IT infrastructure. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW