Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. Information is useless if customers, employees or business partners can’t access it when needed. This paper provides a quick guide for gaining smart backup to benefit business.
Availability and integrity of information, or the lack of it, can directly impact revenues and profits and company reputation
How you back up – the people, process and infrastructure you have in place – can affect key business initiatives
Good back up can accelerate or decelerate the pace at which you roll out new applications or extend virtualization across your organization
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This whitepaper focuses on relevant solutions with an extensive overview of features for comparison. • The paper discusses Application and Desktop Delivery in the mobile world • Details challenges of the consumerisation of IT and BYO in tomorrow’s workspace • Explains the different Mobile Managements concepts, including the pros and cons
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
This paper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model; popular approaches to building an infrastructure platform, and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support demand with dynamic business agility.
Creating a secure mobility strategy that provides a flexible, productive work environment and fosters innovation requires commitment from the CIO. This Guide provides the six stages to building an effective workplace environment, by enabling mobile devices to securely access the network.
Executive teams have been focusing on accelerating virtualization and the shift in IT processes that it enables. This whitepaper serves as a guide for executives looking to strategically and seamlessly migrate popular applications, which are both complex and mission critical, to virtual infrastructure.
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
Businesses and enterprises have quickly realised the power and efficiency of cloud computing, but migrating to the cloud can be a challenging process. This guide leads you through the three key steps you should take to assess your workload, select the most appropriate cloud model and ensure your cloud provider’s migration methodology stacks up.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
- 2013: The year in numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT