This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- How Goldman Sachs and Bank of America use the cloud and containers
- Microsoft debuts controls that postpone Windows 10 feature upgrades up to a year
- Rage against the Microsoft as unlimited OneDrive storage promise dies
- HP, SanDisk partner to bring storage-class memory to market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC