This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW