There are lots of changes happening to the key technologies that power the web. The new version of HTML, the dominant web language, offers impressive enhancements for rich web applications. But as HTML5 comes into greater use we’ll see new security issues arise. It’s typical for a new technology to have defects and pitfalls. And although the standard is still being defined, it's already being implemented. So how does HTML5 stand up to security scrutiny?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD