Secure sockets layer (SSL) technology continues to be essential to the growth of the web. With unabated increases in e-commerce traffic along with transmission of personal information, SSL is no longer just a nice to have for capability; it is an absolute necessity. Read how the requirement to protect information is further heightened by the universal availability of easy-to-use hacking tools and how to resolve these issues. Click to download!
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
Low cost servers, used for applications such as sales force automation and workgroup collaboration, had contributed to server sprawl, causing the data center to outgrow available power and cooling capacity. Server virtualisation helped but had begun to slow network performance. “We wanted 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity without the expense of building a new data center,” says Rory Regan, network and telecom manager, Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated. “We decided to build a new data center network that would continue to work with our existing servers and storage as we gradually migrated to a unified fabric.” Read this case study
Business Process Management (BPM) is an approach to aligning business strategy with execution. In this paper, we discuss common BPM adoption patterns and best-practices across different industries to illustrate the value of BPM in terms Efficiency, Visibility and Agility.
The last 100 years have brought dramatic change for information technology. IT has moved from a specialised tool to become a pervasive influence on nearly every aspect of life.The IT industry has moved from vacuum tubes to the first programmable computers and far beyond. Today, as the planet becomes smarter and as interactive data proliferates, IT has become a part of the very fabric of business—and of the way we live our lives. Read more.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
One of the prevailing myths surrounding carrier class data centre solutions is that their implementation is either difficult to configure or create high maintenance costs. Network managers of telephony networks, due to high network demand, require resilience and simplicity in their design. In this whitepaper, we look at the strengths and weaknesses of competing enterprise data centre solution. Read now.
Like a large number of businesses in New Zealand and around the world, BNZ was close to reaching capacity in its datacenter and needed to determine how to maximise space while keeping costs down. “BNZ had defined two important goals for the future, both of which relied heavily on IT. The first was for the organisation to become carbon neutral by 2010 and the second was to explore open source opportunities though the adoption of Linux.” Another challenge BNZ faced was to create a disaster recovery solution. Its datacentres - one in Auckland, New Zealand and the other in East Melbourne, Australia are separated by the Tasman Sea.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Support Account ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW