Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Over the past decade the trend in infrastructure design has been towards scale-out architectures based on the x86 processor, where many machines are clustered together in order to create a virtual mainframe. In this paper we set out to challenge this approach and to demonstrate that modern mainframe technology represents a viable scale-up alternative to the current vogue for racks filled with blades, looking in parti cular at the way organisations can benefit in terms of improved agility, increased reliability and cost savings by consolidating Oracle databases onto IBM’s zEnterprise and Enterprise Linux Servers (ELS).
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
The Australian Blood service was looking for a solution and approach that would drive improvements in the quality, performance and availability of business critical services to ultimately improve their patients’ lives. Find out what solution & approach they took download today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW