Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Over the past decade the trend in infrastructure design has been towards scale-out architectures based on the x86 processor, where many machines are clustered together in order to create a virtual mainframe. In this paper we set out to challenge this approach and to demonstrate that modern mainframe technology represents a viable scale-up alternative to the current vogue for racks filled with blades, looking in parti cular at the way organisations can benefit in terms of improved agility, increased reliability and cost savings by consolidating Oracle databases onto IBM’s zEnterprise and Enterprise Linux Servers (ELS).
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
The Australian Blood service was looking for a solution and approach that would drive improvements in the quality, performance and availability of business critical services to ultimately improve their patients’ lives. Find out what solution & approach they took download today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW