Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Increasing agility and automation in the data centre to optimise application delivery requires a complete, end-to-end, coordinated virtual infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow applications and the physical network to collaborate, thereby providing a high quality experience for users and enabling optimisation of resources. The ideal solution should follow a Software Defined Networking (SDN) approach. Learn more.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Over the past decade the trend in infrastructure design has been towards scale-out architectures based on the x86 processor, where many machines are clustered together in order to create a virtual mainframe. In this paper we set out to challenge this approach and to demonstrate that modern mainframe technology represents a viable scale-up alternative to the current vogue for racks filled with blades, looking in parti cular at the way organisations can benefit in terms of improved agility, increased reliability and cost savings by consolidating Oracle databases onto IBM’s zEnterprise and Enterprise Linux Servers (ELS).
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
The Australian Blood service was looking for a solution and approach that would drive improvements in the quality, performance and availability of business critical services to ultimately improve their patients’ lives. Find out what solution & approach they took download today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- How Goldman Sachs and Bank of America use the cloud and containers
- Microsoft debuts controls that postpone Windows 10 feature upgrades up to a year
- Rage against the Microsoft as unlimited OneDrive storage promise dies
- HP, SanDisk partner to bring storage-class memory to market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW