This whitepaper will explain how to grow your business by sharing enterprise data and services via application programming interfaces (APIs).
• Open APIs, once used only by leading technology companies such as Amazon and Facebook, have become much more prevalent • Open APIs are projected to reach 30,000 by 2016, compared to less than 600 in 2007 • A well thought-out open API strategy can drive innovation and help you compete in today’s business environment.
This eBook can help fix issues with integration strategy and data collection by telling you what the problem is and how to fix it by achieving better decisions and instant action.
• As budgets inevitably tighten, good companies lose their competitive edge • Event-driven integration future proofs your integration platform and lets you use your integration budget for innovation rather than maintenance • Business users and IT can solve problems by focusing on improving the availability of information with contextual, event-based data
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
This whitepaper details how the Academy of Art University in the US uses high-performing, reliable workstations, servers, and PCs to help design students get ready for the workforce. • The University has a cross-academy strategy that seeks to give all departments, including faculty and administrative staff, technology that fosters innovation. • The Academy can support its technology strategy and prepare students for success in the emerging innovation economy • The University can also better support remote learning
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
True innovation isn’t achieved by technology alone. This paper looks at the nature of innovation and how difficult it can be to recognise, let alone embed within your ICT outsourcing arrangements, and offers better ways of enabling true business innovation. • A Deloitte survey of 5000 young leaders found that 78% of ‘millennials’ cited innovation as one of the top three purposes of business • Only 58% of the young leaders from Australia believed they work in an innovative organisation and just 46% felt their organisation helps them to be innovative • Clauses in ICT outsourcing contracts relating to innovation are typically both extremely limiting and impractical to deliver.
Organisations have the option to manage IT internally or outsource to a third-party provider. This paper discusses new research by Telsyte into how Australian organisations are using ICT outsourcing to support innovation. • In October 2013 Telsyte surveyed more than 450 Australian CIOs, CEOs and IT decision makers on their outsourcing strategies for 2014 • Outsourcing is a key feature of businesses that have a focus on innovation • Organisations that engage in outsourcing arrangements are more likely to spend greater than 25% of their IT budget on innovative projects
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC