Imagine if you gave up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies loose the same proportion to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. As a company’s internet is both costly and limited, click here to find out how best reduce bandwidth loss.
For organizations considering an upgrade to the latest version of Notes® or for those that may desire a change —this document outlines a 10-step process for determining if Google Apps is a viable, cost-effective alternative.
This VeriSign guide will demystify the technology involved and give you all the information you need to make the best decision when considering your online security options.
This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
One of the fundamental design goals of the Internet was to achieve an unprecedented level of communications network resilience. As a result, packet-switched networks fundamentally enable fault tolerance, adaptive routing, and disaster recovery, so it is quite possible—and can be quite cost-effective—to build IP-based communications systems that are more reliable than circuit-switched PBX platforms. The key is to start with the right foundation. Read on.
Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW