With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices.
• Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
This whitepaper discusses why the periodic refresh of an organisation’s PCs and devices makes sense from both IT and business perspectives, to maintain productivity and top-notch security. • As PCs age, the systems start to incur high maintenance costs and expose organizations to heightened security risks • There is a need to carefully match client computers to the requirements of the workforce • With the right combination of hardware, software and services, organisations can maximize the benefits of a client refresh while driving down cost and complexity
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT