This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
This whitepaper is the third in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section refers to case studies of different approaches to deploying protection architecture, including an enterprise customer scenario, an FSI customer scenario and an SMB customer scenario. The paper explains how these options should provide the flexibility and needed to combat the modern DDoS threat.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
Distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, with a wave of crippling attacks on enterprises since 2012. This whitepaper offers guidance to security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
In the second half of 2013, the advancement of security breaches across all industries continued to rise. Within this report, we’ll explain how more than half a billion records of personally identifiable information (PII) such as names, emails, credit card numbers and passwords were leaked in 2013 - and how these security incidents show no signs of stopping.
Relying on traditional signature based Anti Virus alone is simply not sufficient to prevent today’s onslaught of new, sophisticated and advanced malware.
This whitepaper describes in detail, some trends and statistics on the malware detection, it then introduces a multi-vector approach to accurately detect malware in the IT environment, and verify that existing anti malware already deployed are functioning optimally.
As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
In this white paper we will: • Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0. • Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly. • Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks. • Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures. • Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- An inside look at Microsoft’s booming cloud business
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Infographic: Commercial drones by the numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC