This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
This whitepaper is the third in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section refers to case studies of different approaches to deploying protection architecture, including an enterprise customer scenario, an FSI customer scenario and an SMB customer scenario. The paper explains how these options should provide the flexibility and needed to combat the modern DDoS threat.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
Distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, with a wave of crippling attacks on enterprises since 2012. This whitepaper offers guidance to security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
In the second half of 2013, the advancement of security breaches across all industries continued to rise. Within this report, we’ll explain how more than half a billion records of personally identifiable information (PII) such as names, emails, credit card numbers and passwords were leaked in 2013 - and how these security incidents show no signs of stopping.
Relying on traditional signature based Anti Virus alone is simply not sufficient to prevent today’s onslaught of new, sophisticated and advanced malware.
This whitepaper describes in detail, some trends and statistics on the malware detection, it then introduces a multi-vector approach to accurately detect malware in the IT environment, and verify that existing anti malware already deployed are functioning optimally.
As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
In this white paper we will: • Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0. • Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly. • Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks. • Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures. • Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Quicken shifts to software subscription model
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW