A key success factor for projects is accurate estimation. However, poor estimation ability remains one of the most cited problems that organizations face today. Poor estimation is the leading cause of project delays; continued crisis mode operation; resources being shifted haphazardly; and other common business risks. In this whitepaper, find out the top 10 tips for better project estimations!
Backup and recovery has become fundamental part of business and an essential element of information management. Information is useless to customers, employees, or business partners can't access it when it is needed. Availability and integrity of information, of the lack of, can directly impact revenues and profits - as well as company reputations. Read more.
Like a civil engineering endeavor or sizable construction project, implementing an enterprise-wide application like an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help run your business is a costly and complex process. And just as would be the case with any significant undertaking, success is not a given. A certain amount of planning, discipline and wisdom are required to complete implementation in a timely manner and to make sure that the new enterprise system put into place meets the requirements of your business.
Managing enterprise IT is no simple task. However, when it comes to critical applications and capabilities that impact end users and influence business results, the need for visibility into and across IT systems is critical. A key component of operating a successful IT infrastructure is application performance management (APM), for which business transaction management (BTM) plays an important role in ensuring a positive end-user experience. APM essentially creates a best-practice model that helps organizations focus on end-to-end monitoring, measuring and resolution of end-user problems. Read on.
The data explosion continues unabated in Australia. Like most global economies, Australian businesses are experiencing explosive data growth, and those without a comprehensive data and information management strategy potentially face a list of challenges. The Australian market is strongly represented by small and medium-sized companies (SMBs), and this IDC White Paper explores today's storage challenges and how a universal approach to storage provides efficiency gains for this market segment.
As radical innovations in technology are increasing the importance of IT in achieving a company's core business objectives, the role of IT professionals are increasingly becoming more important. In this Economist Intelligence Union survey, we look at the predominant challenges faced by CIOs and the need for them to be more strategic in their thinking, rather than just focusing on operational matters. Click to download!
To evaluate the possible cost savings a federal agency might expect from migrating to the cloud, in this study Darrell M. West reviews past studies, undertake case studies of government agencies that have made the move, and discuss the future of cloud computing.
From online financial transactions to e-commerce to product development, SSL Certificates make it possible for users around the world to communicate sensitive information with the confidence that it is safe from malicious hackers. This white paper will present the pitfalls associated with poor SSL Certificate management, why they are potentially dangerous to the enterprise, and how enterprises can keep track of SSL Certificates effectively
People, process, and technology. These are the three pillars of change management that Ravi TNC identifies in his article about centers of excellence. Indeed, in this third edition of the Journal of Management Excellence, we again focus on how to organize for management excellence. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW