This whitepaper discusses how the BYOD mega-trend will affect businesses; explores the IT challenges involved, and outlines the technology solutions available. Read on to discover the business activity driving these trends, plus a new way to address the challenges, allowing end users the freedom to bring their choice of device to work while still affording IT the controls to ensure security and prevent data loss.
The ability to take Windows applications and desktops mobile has many advantages, but the variation in mobile device types, including form factor and platform, makes the process of identifying a single solution to address all the employees’ requirements complex. What strategies should you consider to address this challenge?
Mobility has given people new freedom to work anywhere, at any time - but it has also brought endless complications for IT. We show you how you can empower people to use Windows applications and native mobile apps on any type of device - with full security.
Not all VDI solutions are alike. To deliver the best results for your business, you need to make sure the solution you choose can enable full productivity not just in the office on traditional endpoints, but anywhere people work, on any device they use. Read on to find out how you can provide access to virtualized apps and desktops from anywhere, on any device, with a great experience in any scenario.
Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity.
Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
The explosion of smartphones and tablets in the workplace means that confidential information is now not only spread throughout your organization on servers and desktops, it is also being stored on mobile devices – which are prone to loss or theft – and being transmitted from these mobile devices beyond the control of your organization. It is easy for employees to disseminate – whether accidentally or intentionally – sensitive business data outside the organization with a simple action – e.g., upload employee healthcare records to the public cloud via a cloud storage app.
It’s all about the SCI: the smart, connected interaction. Walk down your own unique path and connect with your customers through their mobile devices. It’s not easy - mobility increases the number of variables going into each interaction, requires the preservation of context as interactions across channels, but it allows each interaction to naturally evolve. Read this document to learn how to go SCI and naturally connect with your customers.
The new frontier of mobile and social is a game changer, opening new channels in which consumers and brands can interact. This whitepaper details the results of a survey spanning consumers in the US, UK, Singapore and Australia, exploring their expectations of using mobile devices and social media to engage with brands. The results confirm that consumers live across various channels, and as part of their experience there is an expectation of consistency, value and individualised attention. Read more to learn who you’re talking to, what to say and where to say it.
How MDM vendors, carriers, service providers and app stores can protect users from malicious mobile apps
In this white paper, we will look at: 1. Why mobile attacks are exploding. 2. Options for protecting against malicious mobile apps. 3. The newest defense: mobile app reputation services. 4. The Webroot Mobile App Reputation Service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW