With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
Many firms are acutely aware of the risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Companies simply cannot overlook the consequences of public exposure that would likely result if sensitive data is lost, stolen, compromised or cannot be located. This white paper explores the challenges associated with safeguarding data and opening up universal access for distributed desktop and laptop systems residing at the edge of an organization's IT infrastructure.
Increasing complexity in the data centre, including the rapid deployment of virtual servers, ever-expanding compliance requirements, and increasing amounts of sensitive data on mobile devices has put more strain on backup and recovery. Read on.
Website performance is a major pillar of the web experience; even the richest of sites will deliver a poor experience if it is not available or lags in load time or responsiveness. The stakes are rising as a new generation, accustomed to being constantly connected through mobile devices, advances to becoming the mainstream consumer market of tomorrow. Read on.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Tranzqual is in the Industry Training Organisation responsible for setting world class training standards for the commercial road transport, passenger services, warehouse and logistics, fright forwarding, ports and stevedoring industries. The company works with a wide variety of companies with these industries including transport, bus. courier, taxi warehousing, logistics, ports and stevedoring companies to increase the skills and knowledge of their employees. Read more.
A key priority for Ryerson is to provide consistent access to network applications, which range from a public-facing web site to critical applications such as student registration and learning management. With students, faculty, and staff all vying for the same resources on the network (including as many as 5000 wireless users at any given time), Ryerson needed a way to provide a predictable user experience. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC