With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
Increasing complexity in the data centre, including the rapid deployment of virtual servers, ever-expanding compliance requirements, and increasing amounts of sensitive data on mobile devices has put more strain on backup and recovery. Read on.
Many firms are acutely aware of the risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Companies simply cannot overlook the consequences of public exposure that would likely result if sensitive data is lost, stolen, compromised or cannot be located. This white paper explores the challenges associated with safeguarding data and opening up universal access for distributed desktop and laptop systems residing at the edge of an organization's IT infrastructure.
Website performance is a major pillar of the web experience; even the richest of sites will deliver a poor experience if it is not available or lags in load time or responsiveness. The stakes are rising as a new generation, accustomed to being constantly connected through mobile devices, advances to becoming the mainstream consumer market of tomorrow. Read on.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
Networking isn’t about applications or technology — it’s about users. The business pressure to consolidate IT, support empowered users, and provide customised experiences to customers is stressing today’s architectures and reshaping networks. The old approach of building networks around applications is too static. Read more.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Tranzqual is in the Industry Training Organisation responsible for setting world class training standards for the commercial road transport, passenger services, warehouse and logistics, fright forwarding, ports and stevedoring industries. The company works with a wide variety of companies with these industries including transport, bus. courier, taxi warehousing, logistics, ports and stevedoring companies to increase the skills and knowledge of their employees. Read more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPTest LeadQLD
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD