This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices.
• Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
Cultivating customer loyalty today is more challenging than in the past. This paper explains why creating closer customer relationships depends on master data management.
• Customers today expect all of your attention, instant access to information, and a uniform brand experience • If you can get fast access to data and respond quickly and correctly, results can include closer customer relationships and fierce loyalty • With MDM, an organization that lacked a single trusted view can instantly respond in real time, take advantage of opportunities, avert problems before they escalate
Done right, BYOD can improve both productivity and job satisfaction. But done incorrectly, it can frustrate employees and lead to significant security concerns. · In 2012, Ovum pointed out the growing risk from unmanaged BYOD · The wide-open approach has done a lot to bring personal devices into the workplace, creating justified concerns about risk. · A recent Microsoft survey suggests personal technology has a positive impact in transforming our lives as well as innovation
Cost-effective solutions to facilitate connectivity and enhance productivity, both at home and abroad have become a critical success factor for Australian businesses. But how to balance cost versus connectivity? This paper provides an insight into trends in international business communication, and how Australian businesses are attempting to manage this challenge.
Being mobile doesn't equate to being productive - being reachable does, and that depends on an effective mobile communications solution. This white paper presents five ways to improve reachability within your organisation, as well as improving productivity and cost savings.
International wireless roaming is an ongoing concern for companies that do business overseas. The challenge for all companies with international travellers needing mobility is to strike an appropriate balance between cost, ease of use, and providing employees the means to be accessible while getting their jobs done when on the road. In this whitepaper, we look getting the mix right.
The new frontier of mobile and social is a game changer, opening new channels in which consumers and brands can interact. This whitepaper details the results of a survey spanning consumers in the US, UK, Singapore and Australia, exploring their expectations of using mobile devices and social media to engage with brands. The results confirm that consumers live across various channels, and as part of their experience there is an expectation of consistency, value and individualised attention. Read more to learn who you’re talking to, what to say and where to say it.
Many firms are acutely aware of the risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Companies simply cannot overlook the consequences of public exposure that would likely result if sensitive data is lost, stolen, compromised or cannot be located. This white paper explores the challenges associated with safeguarding data and opening up universal access for distributed desktop and laptop systems residing at the edge of an organization's IT infrastructure.
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
This Executive Brief explores the role of service and support in creating great customer experiences, the service goals market leaders use related to customer experience, the Oracle approach for empowering new service experiences, and how Oracle’s service solutions can help organizations create and manage their own great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
- Google's DeepMind A.I. can slash data center power use 40%
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia