In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This whitepaper focuses on relevant solutions with an extensive overview of features for comparison. • The paper discusses Application and Desktop Delivery in the mobile world • Details challenges of the consumerisation of IT and BYO in tomorrow’s workspace • Explains the different Mobile Managements concepts, including the pros and cons
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
This helpful infographic on mobile enterprise management (MEM) details the driving forces behind this new trend, as well important considerations regarding impact on cost, productivity and security. • Increasingly, the devices used for businesses are no longer company-owned, meaning an increase in necessary IT support • Companies are most interested in device management to alleviate security and compliance concerns • BYOD models benefit companies and end users with cost savings, choice, and to demonstrate progressiveness from IT staff
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education powered by Intel®. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region
This whitepaper discusses the challenge of BYOD and how best-practice deployments help deliver on the business promise of mobility with integrated protection throughout the workplace. See why flexible, end-to-end security enables enterprises to speed adoption of transformative technologies for a competitive edge, why if employees feel that security policies impede productivity or encroach on personal data, they look for work-arounds and how integrated solutions that avoid overlapping functionality and streamline management can help organizations maintain tight security and ensure compliance.
The megatrends of consumerisation are forcing organisations to adapt. This whitepaper looks at why enterprise mobility programs must be underpinned by a solid strategy to reap the benefits of this disruptive technology and avoid the pitfalls. • While most global analyst firms report Enterprise Mobility as a critical initiative, the majority of businesses do not have a comprehensive strategy in place • Organisations should take a selective approach to adopting disruptive technologies , aligning their cultural needs, business imperatives and IT requirements • IT departments have to support a constantly evolving, fragmented operating system environment and device landscape
Done right, BYOD can improve both productivity and job satisfaction. But done incorrectly, it can frustrate employees and lead to significant security concerns. · In 2012, Ovum pointed out the growing risk from unmanaged BYOD · The wide-open approach has done a lot to bring personal devices into the workplace, creating justified concerns about risk. · A recent Microsoft survey suggests personal technology has a positive impact in transforming our lives as well as innovation
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
Creating a secure mobility strategy that provides a flexible, productive work environment and fosters innovation requires commitment from the CIO. This Guide provides the six stages to building an effective workplace environment, by enabling mobile devices to securely access the network.
Cost-effective solutions to facilitate connectivity and enhance productivity, both at home and abroad have become a critical success factor for Australian businesses. But how to balance cost versus connectivity? This paper provides an insight into trends in international business communication, and how Australian businesses are attempting to manage this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW