Surprise incidences of downtime in server rooms and remote wiring closets lead to sleepless nights for many IT managers. Most can recount horror stories about how bad luck, human error, or just simple incompetence brought their server rooms down. This paper analyzes several of these incidents and makes recommendations for how a basic monitoring system can help reduce the occurrence of these unanticipated events.
This report assesses the current state and effectiveness of vulnerability management.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
As threats evolve and the effectiveness of signature based web security declines, IT departments need to play a bigger, more hands-on role in web security than ever before. In this whitepaper, we look at real-time advanced threat defences that provide immediate visibility into advanced threats, data exfiltration and infected systems.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW