The data in this presentation is based on actual network traffic. Findings include: Number of social networking applications per organisation; Number of browser-based filesharing applications per organisation; filesharing use for entertainment or work and more. See the results of this Application Usage and Risk Report.
The risks facing high-speed data networks and unencrypted data while in motion are very real and on the rise. As information becomes one of the most valuable ‘off balance sheet’ assets, protection of that information and the investment in it is a paramount obligation of office-holders and management. Read now for a better understanding of the risks to data in motion.
In a head to head comparison of 8 end-point security products, we look at which performs the best across crucial performance metrics - from installation time to memory usage. Download to find out which performs the best!
Over 95% of businesses unknowingly host compromised endpoints, despite their use of firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), antivirus and Web gateways.1 Today’s attacks look new and unknown to signature-based tools because the attacks employ advanced malware and zero-day vulnerabilities. To regain the upper hand against next-generation attacks, enterprises must turn to true next-generation protection: signature-less, proactive and real time. Read on.
The ever-increasing demands for application availability and performance, the constantly evolving threat landscape, and the need to understand what is happening with applications from a security perspective combine to make the seemingly easy demands for data center network security much more difficult to meet. Indeed, most organizations have been forced into significant compromises – trading security, function, and visibility for performance, simplicity, and efficiency. Read on.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
For enterprise IT security organizations, the evolution of applications and threats, coupled with the stagnation of traditional network security technology has resulted in a loss of visibility and control. This paper examines three different organizations, the legacy infrastructure they replaced, the firewalls they deployed and the subsequent savings.
Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
For many years, organisations have noted that the network is the computer. With that, the network is the data, as data is the gold. Imagine if it occurred that 500 office chairs were stolen, with asset tags. Not really such a big deal, as they are insured. But if a few gigabytes of data are lost from an organisation that can often mean significant impact and consequences. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC