Secure sockets layer (SSL) technology continues to be essential to the growth of the web. With unabated increases in e-commerce traffic along with transmission of personal information, SSL is no longer just a nice to have for capability; it is an absolute necessity. Read how the requirement to protect information is further heightened by the universal availability of easy-to-use hacking tools and how to resolve these issues. Click to download!
This white paper outlines best practice for migrating on-premises SharePoint environments to a new cloud-based deployment. Learn the limitations of an out-of-the-box migration as well as what to look for in a third-party tool, and the importance of information governance, security, and migration methodologies.
Call it multi-tasking, life-splicing or bleisure but increasingly, fuelled by advances in technology, employees are blurring the boundaries between home and work. ‘Generation Standby’ employees, never truly ‘switched off’ and always ready to be called upon, are now enjoying, and expecting, greater levels of flexibility and mobility than ever before. Read on.
Botnets pose a serious threat to your network, your business, your partners and customers. Botnets rival the power of today’s most powerful cloud computing platforms. These “dark” clouds, controlled by cybercriminals, are designed to silently infect your network. Left undetected, botnets borrow your network to serve malicious business interests. This paper details how you can protect against the risk of botnet infection using security gateways that offer comprehensive unified threat management (UTM).
This whitepaper discusses how the BYOD mega-trend will affect businesses; explores the IT challenges involved, and outlines the technology solutions available. Read on to discover the business activity driving these trends, plus a new way to address the challenges, allowing end users the freedom to bring their choice of device to work while still affording IT the controls to ensure security and prevent data loss.
One of the prevailing myths surrounding carrier class data centre solutions is that their implementation is either difficult to configure or create high maintenance costs. Network managers of telephony networks, due to high network demand, require resilience and simplicity in their design. In this whitepaper, we look at the strengths and weaknesses of competing enterprise data centre solution. Read now.
Key Benefits: Developed applications 60% faster, Created development and test environments in minutes compared to days and weeks previously, Reduced server costs by 30% with server virtualisation, Saved NZ$40,000 in database administrator training costs, Provided high availability features that keep the database and core applications up and running in the event of a server failure, Introduced compression capabilities that improved database performance by 30% to 35%. Read on.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
This Executive Brief explores the role of service and support in creating great customer experiences, the service goals market leaders use related to customer experience, the Oracle approach for empowering new service experiences, and how Oracle’s service solutions can help organizations create and manage their own great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices.
The amount of money lost to fraud a year is staggering:globally, organisations lose 5% or $2.9 trillion in revenue annually. Today's fraud is committed on electronic networks at lightning speed by global rings of criminals, terrorists and insiders using sophisticated methods hidden in complex layers of transactional data. Download to find out how to empower analysts to search multiple data sources simultaneously to visualise transactions and timelines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC