Secure sockets layer (SSL) technology continues to be essential to the growth of the web. With unabated increases in e-commerce traffic along with transmission of personal information, SSL is no longer just a nice to have for capability; it is an absolute necessity. Read how the requirement to protect information is further heightened by the universal availability of easy-to-use hacking tools and how to resolve these issues. Click to download!
This white paper outlines best practice for migrating on-premises SharePoint environments to a new cloud-based deployment. Learn the limitations of an out-of-the-box migration as well as what to look for in a third-party tool, and the importance of information governance, security, and migration methodologies.
Call it multi-tasking, life-splicing or bleisure but increasingly, fuelled by advances in technology, employees are blurring the boundaries between home and work. ‘Generation Standby’ employees, never truly ‘switched off’ and always ready to be called upon, are now enjoying, and expecting, greater levels of flexibility and mobility than ever before. Read on.
Botnets pose a serious threat to your network, your business, your partners and customers. Botnets rival the power of today’s most powerful cloud computing platforms. These “dark” clouds, controlled by cybercriminals, are designed to silently infect your network. Left undetected, botnets borrow your network to serve malicious business interests. This paper details how you can protect against the risk of botnet infection using security gateways that offer comprehensive unified threat management (UTM).
This whitepaper discusses how the BYOD mega-trend will affect businesses; explores the IT challenges involved, and outlines the technology solutions available. Read on to discover the business activity driving these trends, plus a new way to address the challenges, allowing end users the freedom to bring their choice of device to work while still affording IT the controls to ensure security and prevent data loss.
One of the prevailing myths surrounding carrier class data centre solutions is that their implementation is either difficult to configure or create high maintenance costs. Network managers of telephony networks, due to high network demand, require resilience and simplicity in their design. In this whitepaper, we look at the strengths and weaknesses of competing enterprise data centre solution. Read now.
Key Benefits: Developed applications 60% faster, Created development and test environments in minutes compared to days and weeks previously, Reduced server costs by 30% with server virtualisation, Saved NZ$40,000 in database administrator training costs, Provided high availability features that keep the database and core applications up and running in the event of a server failure, Introduced compression capabilities that improved database performance by 30% to 35%. Read on.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
This Executive Brief explores the role of service and support in creating great customer experiences, the service goals market leaders use related to customer experience, the Oracle approach for empowering new service experiences, and how Oracle’s service solutions can help organizations create and manage their own great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices.
The amount of money lost to fraud a year is staggering:globally, organisations lose 5% or $2.9 trillion in revenue annually. Today's fraud is committed on electronic networks at lightning speed by global rings of criminals, terrorists and insiders using sophisticated methods hidden in complex layers of transactional data. Download to find out how to empower analysts to search multiple data sources simultaneously to visualise transactions and timelines.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD