802.11n is delivering on promises to bring revolutionary advances in throughput and capacity to the wireless LAN. For the first time in the history of the development of IEEE 802.11 networks, wireless LAN speeds are comparable to commonly used wired technologies. Now that wireless LAN users have access to speeds well in excess of 100 Mbps, wireless LANs can no longer be treated as an afterthought.
In this white paper, you’ll learn why the traditional data center network infrastructure is under extreme pressure, what changes need to happen to modernize the data center network infrastructure, and how an application-fluent approach can help ensure a successful step-by-step transition toward the next-generation enterprise data center switching fabric.
One of the prevailing myths surrounding carrier class data centre solutions is that their implementation is either difficult to configure or create high maintenance costs. Network managers of telephony networks, due to high network demand, require resilience and simplicity in their design. In this whitepaper, we look at the strengths and weaknesses of competing enterprise data centre solution. Read now.
The NetShelter CX enclosure is designed specifically for deploying equipment in nondedicated spaces like offices and schools. This solution is truly an all-in-one, easy to manage solution for networking deployments outside of the closet.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent telecommunications retailer in Europe with over 2,000 stores and 10 million subscribers across 8 countries. Connected World Services, its B2B division, recently looked at how to build a predictable and dependable retail sales platform that was both error-free and have greater visualisation across multiple platforms. Find out how!
In the market for collaborative applications, a large convergence is beginning to take hold, and the consumerization of IT is central to this movement. The technologies that people use as consumers are impacting the way employees, customers, and partners want to interact and collaborate at work. People want to take the same technology experiences that are available at home and plug them into their daily work lives. This movement is setting worker expectations as both employees and corporate consumers. Workers need to have the choice and flexibility to consume the applications they want, where they want, and on their preferred device. Read on.
This white paper will highlight the changes in the mobile workplace; outline the benefits of unified communications (UC) and Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC) for mobile workers; identify the key market trends and business challenges IT managers must pay attention to now and into the future; and offer best practices for choosing a solution that will deliver clear ROI.
Computing has gone through several major transitions through the ages, each of which raised the value of the network and dramatically lowered the cost of computing. In the years after its birth in the mainframe era, the computing industry shifted to client/server and then Internet computing. Today, we are beginning yet another major computing revolution: the shift to mobile computing. This revolution already allows us to carry mini computers, called “smartphones,” in our pockets. This shift will drive down the cost of computing even further and drive up the value of the network, forever changing its role in organisations. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW