Over recent years, network devices have evolved way beyond their traditional role of just ‘directing traffic’. This whitepaper argues that the convergence of different technologies within the same device calls for new thinking about network management. • The introduction of new devices and advanced infrastructure has made the work of enterprise network management teams more complex • Servers, storage, operating systems and applications were the responsibility of other teams, but thanks to the converged infrastructure and new technologies, the roles of teams are blurring • Getting and keeping today’s application performance systems optimally tuned calls for high levels of network, hardware, software and application skills
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
This whitepaper explains how software-based architecture can enable businesses to leverage the network as an enabling technology; eliminate unused and under-utilized network resources, and build enterprise cloud networks while laying the foundation for service delivery fabrics.
In a new custom study commissioned by Trend Micro, Forrester Consulting surveyed over 1100 IT security decision makers from North American, European, and Asia Pacific companies with 100-5,000 employees.
The study identifies the benefits these IT professionals found from having a single-vendor, multi-layered solution. The benefits are:
- Reduced operational friction - Reduced cost - Better protection
Complete User Protection Trend Micro Complete User Protection is a multi-layer solution that provides your customers with the broadest range of interconnected threat and data protection across endpoints, email and collaboration, web, and mobile devices.
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
For enterprise IT security organizations, the evolution of applications and threats, coupled with the stagnation of traditional network security technology has resulted in a loss of visibility and control. This paper examines three different organizations, the legacy infrastructure they replaced, the firewalls they deployed and the subsequent savings.
Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent telecommunications retailer in Europe with over 2,000 stores and 10 million subscribers across 8 countries. Connected World Services, its B2B division, recently looked at how to build a predictable and dependable retail sales platform that was both error-free and have greater visualisation across multiple platforms. Find out how!
Customer engagement is rapidly shifting, and one of the biggest challenges companies are facing is figuring out how to serve consumers in this new digital environment. Implementing and managing new channels needs to be economically palatable, without any disruption to existing customer care practices. This business guide provides insight into how best to deploy customer service in the cloud, detailing the four phases of an evolved customer experience management strategy.
Today customers look to engage with organizations through an increasing number of channels – and expect more from every customer service and support experience. A strategically implemented knowledge management initiative for both the contact center and Web self-service channels offers a powerful answer to this growing need to do more with less. However, a poorly implemented initiative can have a negative impact – increasing call and Web session time and frustrating both customers and agents alike. This eBook sets out 5 simple steps for optimizing customer service and support with an effective, best-practice-led knowledge management initiative.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia