This webcast explores how All-Flash enterprise storage compares to traditional disk-centric arrays. Learn how to best leverage Flash so databases thrive and limitations of I/O disappear, while exploring the pitfalls and peculiarities of Flash, and how to optimise its performance as a storage solution to ensure reliance, predictability and cost savings for a variety of enterprise workloads.
Data is growing at a tremendous rate, and organisations of every type rely on the timely retrieval of information to facilitate transaction and decision making. Processing powers are also expanding, now equipped with storage efficiency technologies that help simplify the many IT challenges that companies are facing. This white paper describes how proper simple storage efficiency features help you leverage daily storage, maximise capacity and performance optimisation, while reducing power consumption and total cost.
This document provides design guidance, configuration examples and Alcatel-Lucent recommended best practices for WAN optimisation when interconnecting geographically dispersed data centres and when using Citrix® NetScaler® to implement Layer 2 (L2) connectivity across Layer 3 network infrastructure. Download now.
As information technology makes this move to the strategic center of business, leaders can no longer ignore the inefficiencies in today’s approach to computing. Multiple approaches exist as IT and business leaders shift to smarter computing. IBM's expertise in delivering complex solutions throughout infrastructure, middleware and applications—has helped the planet become smarter. Read more.
Given how deeply businesses rely on their SAP systems, it’s simple to see that maximizing performance and uptime is critical. What’s not so simple is figuring out how to understand, let alone optimize, performance in these complex, dynamic, and interrelated ecosystems. This paper offers five best practices that can help administrators more effectively measure and improve SAP performance.
Growth is a sign of health for any organisation, yet for the storage professional, growth comes at a price. Finding places to store growing quantities of information leaves few options besides purchasing additional capacity, optimisation of existing capacity or a hybrid of both. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA