In this white paper we will: • Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0. • Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly. • Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks. • Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures. • Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
At one point, it seemed that phishing was receding to the status of a minor issue threatening only naïve consumers. However new cybercriminals and phishing techniques have lead this to become a greater concern. Download how to find out how phishing became the No. 1 web threat, and which web security solution can best protect your company.
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information we gathered not only allowed us to obtain specific details on spear phishing but also on targeted attacks. We found, for instance, that 91% of targeted attacks involve spear-phishing emails, reinforcing the belief that spear phishing is a primary means by which APT attackers infiltrate target networks.
There's been a rapid shift from broad, scattershot attacks to advanced target attacks that have had serious consequences for victim organisations. The increased use of spear phishing is directly related to the fact that it works, as traditional security defences simply do not stop these types of attacks. This paper provides a detailed look at how spear phishing is used within advanced attacks and the key capabilities organisations need in order to effectively combat these emerging and evolving threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC