In this white paper we will: • Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0. • Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly. • Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks. • Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures. • Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
At one point, it seemed that phishing was receding to the status of a minor issue threatening only naïve consumers. However new cybercriminals and phishing techniques have lead this to become a greater concern. Download how to find out how phishing became the No. 1 web threat, and which web security solution can best protect your company.
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information we gathered not only allowed us to obtain specific details on spear phishing but also on targeted attacks. We found, for instance, that 91% of targeted attacks involve spear-phishing emails, reinforcing the belief that spear phishing is a primary means by which APT attackers infiltrate target networks.
There's been a rapid shift from broad, scattershot attacks to advanced target attacks that have had serious consequences for victim organisations. The increased use of spear phishing is directly related to the fact that it works, as traditional security defences simply do not stop these types of attacks. This paper provides a detailed look at how spear phishing is used within advanced attacks and the key capabilities organisations need in order to effectively combat these emerging and evolving threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW