At one point, it seemed that phishing was receding to the status of a minor issue threatening only naïve consumers. However new cybercriminals and phishing techniques have lead this to become a greater concern. Download how to find out how phishing became the No. 1 web threat, and which web security solution can best protect your company.
In this white paper we will: • Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0. • Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly. • Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks. • Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures. • Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
There's been a rapid shift from broad, scattershot attacks to advanced target attacks that have had serious consequences for victim organisations. The increased use of spear phishing is directly related to the fact that it works, as traditional security defences simply do not stop these types of attacks. This paper provides a detailed look at how spear phishing is used within advanced attacks and the key capabilities organisations need in order to effectively combat these emerging and evolving threats.
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information we gathered not only allowed us to obtain specific details on spear phishing but also on targeted attacks. We found, for instance, that 91% of targeted attacks involve spear-phishing emails, reinforcing the belief that spear phishing is a primary means by which APT attackers infiltrate target networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW