As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant.
• Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT