As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant.
• Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia