Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant.
• Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW