Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant.
• Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA