Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant.
• Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
- Lost thumb drives bedevil US banking agency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD