In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
A survey was undertaken by Victorian Government with analysis by Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) a leading BCM provider. This exercise benchmarked the current state of business resilience and business continuity within government departments against global good practice, based on a comprehensive survey of Victorian State Departments.
The reality of natural disasters such as flood, fire and even earthquakes can strike without warning. But it is not just natural disasters we need to be mindful of, the threat of technical, man-made threats and errors are commonplace.
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems.
· Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments
· There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies
· One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
This ESG study focuses on why, when it comes to data protection, visibility is the most significant key to success, and how to achieve a truly unified view. · According to the 2013 IT Spending Intentions Survey, improving data backup and recovery was the #2 most important IT priority selected by respondents
· Without far reaching visibility, infrastructure is guaranteed to miss backing up some servers, while potentially duplicating protection of others
· The clarity gained by a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection to stakeholders and compliance to auditors
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
Organisations face a juggling act with the need to improve backup and recovery, increase server virtualization, manage data growth, while remaining in operation. Virtualization has complicated the protection landscape, as protecting virtual environments can be a challenge, especially as VMs are quickly and easily created, moved, and deleted in data centres and in the cloud. This white paper explores how new backup systems have been invigorated with future-proof functionality aimed at today’s virtualized environments, offering the backup “fountain of youth”.
How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT