Organisations of all sizes are becoming victims to cybercriminals, data breaches, information theft and security risks. But before you go out and spend a fortune on security software, solutions and consultants, the starting point is to identify and measure your business’s exposure to those risks. In this whitepaper, “Exploring, Identifying and Measuring” risk, we examine how to identify risk and share an approach for identifying and measuring risk in your organisation.
One of the problems for CIOs today is whether to concentrate on regulatory compliance or information security. The two are bound together since security will provide compliance; but unfortunately, compliance will not necessarily provide security. Compliance is needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements. Security is needed to protect the business. Good governance is what a company needs to ensure both. Find out more on how information governance software is the simplest way for organisations to eliminate risk and communicate with confidence.
In the past, protection used to come from Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions, which used content inspection and applied a rules set to whether the information can be sent outside the organisation. Today, Adaptive Redaction is the next generation of DLP technology which enables content to be modified automatically based on policy and permit constant collaboration with external organisations. Find out more about this insurance and how critical information doesn't have to be at risk.
Government organisations are frequently at the forefront of cyber-attacks and are often under the close scrutiny of regulators. Because of the nature of the information they hold, there is also a huge risk from data leaks and the corresponding loss in trust from citizens as well as financial penalties that are imposed should a breach occur. Find out more how you can ensure that critical information is adequately and cost effectively protected at all times. Click to download!
Overall, DLP is a great security technology, but it is far from being a complete solution that can secure a network. In this whitepaper, we list the steps that are a part of a formal DLP rollout. By taking such a tactical approach to DLP, you can ensure that it really does prevent your data from being lost. Read now.
As different technology trends create new challenges and complexity for all organisations, they now must address the threats that reside much closer to home. In this research paper, conducted by Loudhouse, we identify the extent to which internal security threats are affecting different organisations and, in turn, how these are being managed. Click to download!
Is your firm ticking all the boxes when it comes to information security? For the last several years, governments and industry groups have been increasing the level of regulation for companies, forcing them to prove that they have the proper controls in place. Find out how to encourage a culture of compliance and avoid the painful path of fines and bad press. Click to Download!
The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors
Information monitoring is a tricky subject. We all want to be able to trust others with data, but information theft and data leakage happen all too often, and organisations are asking themselves how much they should be monitoring the way company information is used. In this whitepaper, we look at why this is an issue and how should it be done? Find out more.
The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors. Click to Download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Surveys show high hopes, deep concerns about IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSalesforce AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW