The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors. Click to Download!
The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
In the context of traditional practices, mobile applications are disruptive and difficult to monitor. Mobile applications, whether they support employees or customers, further complicate the performance monitoring in several ways. In this whitepaper, we look at five mobile issues that arise in mobile application testing and ways to resolve the issue. Click to download.
The rapid pace of mobile apps demands new approaches to functional testing. To bring high-quality software to market quickly, your organisation needs a strategy that moves you beyond the limitations of testing on devices you manage in an internal lab. In this whitepaper, we look at how to test an application in a realistic environment and how to simplify and accelerate the testing process. Click to download.
Businesses face a constantly evolving threat landscape. One of the greatest challenges is presented by advanced persistent threats (APTs), which are sophisticated, multi‐faceted attacks targeting a particular organisation. Mitigating the risk of APTs requires advances beyond traditional layered security to include real‐time threat management. This whitepaper describes the nature of APTs, the risks they pose to businesses, and techniques for blocking, detecting, and containing APTs and other emerging threats. Click to download!
The tremendous growth of data has created unprecedented challenges for businesses security. Striking a balance between opportunity and reputational risk requires a comprehensive strategy that incorporates business resiliency with dependable backup and restore policies for systems and processes. Find out more!
With the growing transition to a more online existence, users need to be more conscious about leading and protecting our online identity. This Manifesto sets out a plan to reduce the real and growing risks we face as individuals, businesses and governments, to make us cyber-resilient.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- As more devices flood the market, security spending on Internet of Things heightens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia