The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors. Click to Download!
The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
In the context of traditional practices, mobile applications are disruptive and difficult to monitor. Mobile applications, whether they support employees or customers, further complicate the performance monitoring in several ways. In this whitepaper, we look at five mobile issues that arise in mobile application testing and ways to resolve the issue. Click to download.
The rapid pace of mobile apps demands new approaches to functional testing. To bring high-quality software to market quickly, your organisation needs a strategy that moves you beyond the limitations of testing on devices you manage in an internal lab. In this whitepaper, we look at how to test an application in a realistic environment and how to simplify and accelerate the testing process. Click to download.
Businesses face a constantly evolving threat landscape. One of the greatest challenges is presented by advanced persistent threats (APTs), which are sophisticated, multi‐faceted attacks targeting a particular organisation. Mitigating the risk of APTs requires advances beyond traditional layered security to include real‐time threat management. This whitepaper describes the nature of APTs, the risks they pose to businesses, and techniques for blocking, detecting, and containing APTs and other emerging threats. Click to download!
The tremendous growth of data has created unprecedented challenges for businesses security. Striking a balance between opportunity and reputational risk requires a comprehensive strategy that incorporates business resiliency with dependable backup and restore policies for systems and processes. Find out more!
With the growing transition to a more online existence, users need to be more conscious about leading and protecting our online identity. This Manifesto sets out a plan to reduce the real and growing risks we face as individuals, businesses and governments, to make us cyber-resilient.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW