While the next-generation firewall (NGFW) is well defined by Gartner as something new, enterprisefocused, and distinct, many network security vendors are claiming NGFW is a subset of other functions (e.g. UTM or IPS). Most traditional network security vendors are attempting to provide application visibility and control by using a limited number of application signatures supported in their IPS or other external database. But underneath, these capabilities are poorly integrated and their products are still based on legacy port-blocking technology, not NGFW technology. Read on.
This paper examines whether cloud computing makes good business sense for your company. Overly optimistic? Perhaps. But as many companies are discovering, cloud computing offers rapid and significant results.
Software patches have long been an integral aspect of maintenance and development for any product or system. Regular patches allow a system to undergo dynamic growth, evolving to meet new needs, respond to new developments, or address emergent weaknesses. In this whitepaper, we address the cost savings and overall gains to security and stability that an enterprise can accrue through the implementation of virtual patching technology. Click to download!
Ceridian is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations control costs, save time, optimise their workforce, grow revenue and minimise financial risk. Ceridian needed to surface SQL Server data and reduce its application development time without relying on expensive custom coding. Learn how their business solution excelled.
Virtualisation and cloud computing have changed the face of today’s datacentre. Yet as organisations move from physical environments to a mix of physical, virtual, and cloud, many have addressed the prevailing threat landscape with yesterday’s mix of legacy security solutions. In this whitepaper, we find that the results can actually threaten desired performance gains, such as leaving unintentional security gaps. Download to find out more!
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome performance limitations of hard disk drives, especially when your capacity requirements are relatively small and you require high performance. In this price comparison, we compare each solution's performance and capacity to address different storage challenges. Click here to download!
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
Disaster recovery articles include: 4 Steps to Help Your IT Team When Disaster Strikes; If Disaster Strikes Will Your Critical Enterprise Apps Be Ready To Get You Back in Business; Disaster Recovery on a Budget; Seven strategies for keeping disaster recovery ON TARGET; Disaster Recovery in the Cloud Yields ROI and more.
With its promise of higher agility, IT efficiency, and cost savings cloud solutions are hard to pass up. But no business can make its move to the cloud in a single leap. This paper describes how enlightened companies are approaching data centre automation in the age of cloud computing—and shares the lessons they’ve learned along the way. It provides real-world examples and practical advice for IT leaders who are interested in maximising the success and ROI of their automation strategies and investments. Find out more on how to achieve transformative efficiency gains—without disrupting IT.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC