While the next-generation firewall (NGFW) is well defined by Gartner as something new, enterprisefocused, and distinct, many network security vendors are claiming NGFW is a subset of other functions (e.g. UTM or IPS). Most traditional network security vendors are attempting to provide application visibility and control by using a limited number of application signatures supported in their IPS or other external database. But underneath, these capabilities are poorly integrated and their products are still based on legacy port-blocking technology, not NGFW technology. Read on.
This paper examines whether cloud computing makes good business sense for your company. Overly optimistic? Perhaps. But as many companies are discovering, cloud computing offers rapid and significant results.
Software patches have long been an integral aspect of maintenance and development for any product or system. Regular patches allow a system to undergo dynamic growth, evolving to meet new needs, respond to new developments, or address emergent weaknesses. In this whitepaper, we address the cost savings and overall gains to security and stability that an enterprise can accrue through the implementation of virtual patching technology. Click to download!
Ceridian is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations control costs, save time, optimise their workforce, grow revenue and minimise financial risk. Ceridian needed to surface SQL Server data and reduce its application development time without relying on expensive custom coding. Learn how their business solution excelled.
Virtualisation and cloud computing have changed the face of today’s datacentre. Yet as organisations move from physical environments to a mix of physical, virtual, and cloud, many have addressed the prevailing threat landscape with yesterday’s mix of legacy security solutions. In this whitepaper, we find that the results can actually threaten desired performance gains, such as leaving unintentional security gaps. Download to find out more!
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome performance limitations of hard disk drives, especially when your capacity requirements are relatively small and you require high performance. In this price comparison, we compare each solution's performance and capacity to address different storage challenges. Click here to download!
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
Disaster recovery articles include: 4 Steps to Help Your IT Team When Disaster Strikes; If Disaster Strikes Will Your Critical Enterprise Apps Be Ready To Get You Back in Business; Disaster Recovery on a Budget; Seven strategies for keeping disaster recovery ON TARGET; Disaster Recovery in the Cloud Yields ROI and more.
With its promise of higher agility, IT efficiency, and cost savings cloud solutions are hard to pass up. But no business can make its move to the cloud in a single leap. This paper describes how enlightened companies are approaching data centre automation in the age of cloud computing—and shares the lessons they’ve learned along the way. It provides real-world examples and practical advice for IT leaders who are interested in maximising the success and ROI of their automation strategies and investments. Find out more on how to achieve transformative efficiency gains—without disrupting IT.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA