Surprise incidences of downtime in server rooms and remote wiring closets lead to sleepless nights for many IT managers. Most can recount horror stories about how bad luck, human error, or just simple incompetence brought their server rooms down. This paper analyzes several of these incidents and makes recommendations for how a basic monitoring system can help reduce the occurrence of these unanticipated events.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEPAS Technical Support OfficersNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW