Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big
· Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x.
· Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
This paper presents a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of the User Virtualization Platform on organizations having shared server-based computing environment.
Modern trends in IT are changing how data centres are being designed and managed. Data centres continue to evolve from an environment based on physical servers and storage to one based on virtualization platforms. Data management solutions need to evolve and adapt to these shifts. This white paper discusses how new software can provide unprecedented scale and server consolidation capabilities in evolving a cloud based data centres, providing the automation, flexibility and scale needed to meet increasingly challenging business needs.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
In today’s Internet-driven economy, the enduring business imperatives of cutting costs and improving availability – are as crucial as ever. In this marketplace, the success and competitiveness of many enterprises is increasingly dependent on the performance of their IT infrastructure. An organization’s IT infrastructure needs to be continually up and running in order to ensure continual service availability. In this guide we look at the best practices for how to secure, consolidated remote server management.
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome performance limitations of hard disk drives, especially when your capacity requirements are relatively small and you require high performance. In this price comparison, we compare each solution's performance and capacity to address different storage challenges. Click here to download!
Organisations strive for leverage to drive down costs, improve business agility and benefit from increased automation and efficiency. In order to deliver performance, organisations compete on how best to remove the barriers of virtualisation and migrate their applications, while managing the associated complexity and risk. Read more to find how a focus of reference architecture delivers your goals.
According to ESG research, virtualisation technology investments top the priority list in 2010 as nearly 60% of large and small organisations will increase their spending on virtualisation technology. Why? Because its optimisation and efficiency benefits are measurable and real. Learn how this can be true.
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW