The Nimsoft for Server Monitoring solution supports iSeries AS400, Netware, Linux, Windows, and UNIX from a single, easy-to use console. The solution monitors core server resources (CPU, memory, disk, event logs, counters, etc.) and enables centralised management of remote processes and services (automated and manual start/restart/stop). The solution also offers packaged monitoring for a wide variety of server configurations (i.e. web, email, database, etc.). All server status information is presented in real time alarm dashboards, performance trend reports, and/or SLA compliance reports.
Moving away from older legacy systems to newer database environments can often be a challenge - however the cost today of being stuck in the past is too great. With proper planning and thoughtful data management, companies that take the leap return with a greater capacity than before. Read on.
The total volume of data being processed and stored by businesses is rising exponentially. IDC has estimated that the size of the "digital universe" will increase 29 fold between 2010 and 2020. Data storage technology has undergone a steady increase in capacity, along with a steady decline in the cost per unit to store information. Unfortunately, data storage capacity is not keeping pace with data growth and necessitating greater intelligence in the storage infrastructure. Read more.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
The NetShelter CX enclosure is designed specifically for deploying equipment in nondedicated spaces like offices and schools. This solution is truly an all-in-one, easy to manage solution for networking deployments outside of the closet.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is well understood among IT professionals as an application that rapidly becomes critical to an enterprise. Initially, a CRM installation is usually conceived as a tool for improving business efficiency in some singular, straightforward way. Large volumes of data eventually get moved over to the CRM systems in support of new, larger projects. Read more.
CIOs and the IT systems that support them are more business-focused than ever. Successful, agile companies appreciate IT systems that adapt readily to their information needs. Coping with every challenge — from peak usage to full-blown organisational transformation, is critical to quick delivery of information to employees — especially decision makers. Global markets operate at the speed of the Internet. Businesses can't ignore change, or they risk being left behind. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimising virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Optimised Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
Employing Oracle's new SPARC T4 processor, Oracle SPARC T4-1, SPARC T4-2, SPARC T4-4 and SPARC T4-1B servers offer breakthrough performance and energy efficiency to help simplify data center infrastructures and address other demanding challenges. New levels of performance and scalability across a variety of workloads mean that these versatile systems can deliver a virtualized infrastructure for the entire enterprise while also enabling IT managers to deploy and manage fewer types of platforms and fewer numbers of servers.
Unavailable IT systems can compromise business results in the form of decreased profitability, reduced employee productivity, revised customer loyalties, and even the inability to continue as a viable company. As organisations strive to minimize planned and unplanned downtime, the importance of IT infrastructure choices, administrative skills, and operational processes increases. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW