The Nimsoft for Server Monitoring solution supports iSeries AS400, Netware, Linux, Windows, and UNIX from a single, easy-to use console. The solution monitors core server resources (CPU, memory, disk, event logs, counters, etc.) and enables centralised management of remote processes and services (automated and manual start/restart/stop). The solution also offers packaged monitoring for a wide variety of server configurations (i.e. web, email, database, etc.). All server status information is presented in real time alarm dashboards, performance trend reports, and/or SLA compliance reports.
Moving away from older legacy systems to newer database environments can often be a challenge - however the cost today of being stuck in the past is too great. With proper planning and thoughtful data management, companies that take the leap return with a greater capacity than before. Read on.
The total volume of data being processed and stored by businesses is rising exponentially. IDC has estimated that the size of the "digital universe" will increase 29 fold between 2010 and 2020. Data storage technology has undergone a steady increase in capacity, along with a steady decline in the cost per unit to store information. Unfortunately, data storage capacity is not keeping pace with data growth and necessitating greater intelligence in the storage infrastructure. Read more.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
The NetShelter CX enclosure is designed specifically for deploying equipment in nondedicated spaces like offices and schools. This solution is truly an all-in-one, easy to manage solution for networking deployments outside of the closet.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is well understood among IT professionals as an application that rapidly becomes critical to an enterprise. Initially, a CRM installation is usually conceived as a tool for improving business efficiency in some singular, straightforward way. Large volumes of data eventually get moved over to the CRM systems in support of new, larger projects. Read more.
CIOs and the IT systems that support them are more business-focused than ever. Successful, agile companies appreciate IT systems that adapt readily to their information needs. Coping with every challenge — from peak usage to full-blown organisational transformation, is critical to quick delivery of information to employees — especially decision makers. Global markets operate at the speed of the Internet. Businesses can't ignore change, or they risk being left behind. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimising virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Optimised Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
Employing Oracle's new SPARC T4 processor, Oracle SPARC T4-1, SPARC T4-2, SPARC T4-4 and SPARC T4-1B servers offer breakthrough performance and energy efficiency to help simplify data center infrastructures and address other demanding challenges. New levels of performance and scalability across a variety of workloads mean that these versatile systems can deliver a virtualized infrastructure for the entire enterprise while also enabling IT managers to deploy and manage fewer types of platforms and fewer numbers of servers.
Unavailable IT systems can compromise business results in the form of decreased profitability, reduced employee productivity, revised customer loyalties, and even the inability to continue as a viable company. As organisations strive to minimize planned and unplanned downtime, the importance of IT infrastructure choices, administrative skills, and operational processes increases. Read more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC