The Nimsoft for Server Monitoring solution supports iSeries AS400, Netware, Linux, Windows, and UNIX from a single, easy-to use console. The solution monitors core server resources (CPU, memory, disk, event logs, counters, etc.) and enables centralised management of remote processes and services (automated and manual start/restart/stop). The solution also offers packaged monitoring for a wide variety of server configurations (i.e. web, email, database, etc.). All server status information is presented in real time alarm dashboards, performance trend reports, and/or SLA compliance reports.
Moving away from older legacy systems to newer database environments can often be a challenge - however the cost today of being stuck in the past is too great. With proper planning and thoughtful data management, companies that take the leap return with a greater capacity than before. Read on.
The total volume of data being processed and stored by businesses is rising exponentially. IDC has estimated that the size of the "digital universe" will increase 29 fold between 2010 and 2020. Data storage technology has undergone a steady increase in capacity, along with a steady decline in the cost per unit to store information. Unfortunately, data storage capacity is not keeping pace with data growth and necessitating greater intelligence in the storage infrastructure. Read more.
Most IT racks have the same look, but rarely have the same feel. We have developed racks specifically for servers and networking which account for important details like cable management and power distribution. This solution pairs our optimised rack solutions with a high availability UPS for protecting all of your critical equipment as simply as possible. Read more.
The NetShelter CX enclosure is designed specifically for deploying equipment in nondedicated spaces like offices and schools. This solution is truly an all-in-one, easy to manage solution for networking deployments outside of the closet.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is well understood among IT professionals as an application that rapidly becomes critical to an enterprise. Initially, a CRM installation is usually conceived as a tool for improving business efficiency in some singular, straightforward way. Large volumes of data eventually get moved over to the CRM systems in support of new, larger projects. Read more.
CIOs and the IT systems that support them are more business-focused than ever. Successful, agile companies appreciate IT systems that adapt readily to their information needs. Coping with every challenge — from peak usage to full-blown organisational transformation, is critical to quick delivery of information to employees — especially decision makers. Global markets operate at the speed of the Internet. Businesses can't ignore change, or they risk being left behind. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimising virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Optimised Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
Employing Oracle's new SPARC T4 processor, Oracle SPARC T4-1, SPARC T4-2, SPARC T4-4 and SPARC T4-1B servers offer breakthrough performance and energy efficiency to help simplify data center infrastructures and address other demanding challenges. New levels of performance and scalability across a variety of workloads mean that these versatile systems can deliver a virtualized infrastructure for the entire enterprise while also enabling IT managers to deploy and manage fewer types of platforms and fewer numbers of servers.
Unavailable IT systems can compromise business results in the form of decreased profitability, reduced employee productivity, revised customer loyalties, and even the inability to continue as a viable company. As organisations strive to minimize planned and unplanned downtime, the importance of IT infrastructure choices, administrative skills, and operational processes increases. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW