Virtualisation and cloud computing have become increasingly important as a means to increase flexibility and support growing business requirements for new IT services. Many organisations have deployed virtualised IT infrastructures based on x86 servers to take advantage of lower costs and open architecture that enables a choice of vendors for software components such as operating system, virtualization software, and management tools. Read more.
This guide reviews the approach that we recommend for planning and implementing the migration of applications on an IBM power system running AIX to Oracle's Sun Fire's X4800 Server with the Intel Xeon Processor 7560 running Oracle Linux 5.5 operating system. We explain how to move a sample application with an IBM DB2 database on a IBM Power System to an Oracle database 11g Release 2 database on Oracle Sun Fire X4800 Server running Linux 5.5. Read more.
Data growth is not only driving up storage costs, but also transforming performance and efficiency requirements for storage systems. IDC estimated that in 2011, the amount of information created and replicated would surpass 1.8 zettabytes (1.8 trillion gigabytes) - growing by a factor of nine in just five years. Read how IT managers are looking for new storage solutions that can address today’s needs for managing large amounts of data.
If you sit down with any storage vendor, you’re likely to hear that its solution can do everything you need and that its product is the perfect solution. In many cases, the truth isn’t revealed until it’s too late. Whether you are consolidating your storage, trying to improve application performance, or looking to get the most out of your databases, it’s important to ask the right questions. This quick guide will arm you with the questions you need to consider when reviewing your storage strategy.
As we have seen over the past few years, storage requirements are exploding throughout the enterprise. Nowhere is this more evident than in the enterprise data center. Moreover, within the data centre, requirements for Tier-3 storage in support of long-term archiving and also for data backup and recovery is placing a tremendous strain on enterprise resources, both human and financial. Read more.
Recent years have seen growing interest in various approaches to clouds and server virtualization. So far, most cloud use cases focus on application servers. Yet, there are many reasons user organisations also need a “database cloud” for database management systems (DBMSs), data, and data-driven applications such as business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing (DW). Read more.
Almost all respondents report data growth over the past year and one-third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more in this time period. Almost one out of ten sites now has data stores in the petabyte range. A third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more over the past year. Read more.
In today’s world, corporations are generating massive amounts of data, requiring advanced techniques to protect, store and analyze this data. Database management systems have thus become an integral part of the day to day operation of a business. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address the rise in costs associated with managing a database platform on a day-to-day basis. Read more.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases, along with the associated risks that must be mitigated. Today’s IT professionals are asked to manage more information and deliver it to their users in a timely manner with ever-increasing quality of service. And in today’s economic climate, IT must also reduce budgets and derive greater value out of existing investments. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimizing virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD