Many organisations rely on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with their IT service providers to ensure that they are receiving the service for which they are paying. While the theory associated with using SLAs as a service management mechanism is appealingly straightforward, in practice SLAs are too often a poor or ineffective tool because of the way in which they are defined and measured. Read more about some of the common pitfalls and suggest how to avoid them.
There is a tectonic shift underway which underpins an unprecedented growth in ecommerce. The proliferation of mobile devices, especially tablets, is changing the way we search and purchase goods and services. This whitepaper outlines at a high level the fundamental change in consumer behaviour and its impact on ecommerce, takes a closer look at why well performing online services are critical to the success of ecommerce and what can be done to ensure that they always perform at peak. Read on.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW