Many organisations rely on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with their IT service providers to ensure that they are receiving the service for which they are paying. While the theory associated with using SLAs as a service management mechanism is appealingly straightforward, in practice SLAs are too often a poor or ineffective tool because of the way in which they are defined and measured. Read more about some of the common pitfalls and suggest how to avoid them.
There is a tectonic shift underway which underpins an unprecedented growth in ecommerce. The proliferation of mobile devices, especially tablets, is changing the way we search and purchase goods and services. This whitepaper outlines at a high level the fundamental change in consumer behaviour and its impact on ecommerce, takes a closer look at why well performing online services are critical to the success of ecommerce and what can be done to ensure that they always perform at peak. Read on.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT