Many organisations rely on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with their IT service providers to ensure that they are receiving the service for which they are paying. While the theory associated with using SLAs as a service management mechanism is appealingly straightforward, in practice SLAs are too often a poor or ineffective tool because of the way in which they are defined and measured. Read more about some of the common pitfalls and suggest how to avoid them.
There is a tectonic shift underway which underpins an unprecedented growth in ecommerce. The proliferation of mobile devices, especially tablets, is changing the way we search and purchase goods and services. This whitepaper outlines at a high level the fundamental change in consumer behaviour and its impact on ecommerce, takes a closer look at why well performing online services are critical to the success of ecommerce and what can be done to ensure that they always perform at peak. Read on.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA