UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
Find out how customer service leaders in 17 countries are using cloud applications to better understand their customers, offer more personalization across channels, and enable their organizations to deliver great customer service.
Developing effective private cloud management and implementation plans is a top priority for many IT decision makers. Highly integrated management environments can monitor and optimize complex, heterogeneous private cloud applications, while infrastructure can provide IT staff with self-service provisioning capabilities and tools to automate many routine processes and workflows. This white paper discusses industry-wide views on private cloud management trends and priorities, while case studies highlight the benefits of using enhanced architecture and highlight the lessons learned.
3 best practices for providing ‘a little extra service’ using chat and email management that will save your company money and drives high customer satisfaction at the same time.
Organizations are more willing now than ever before to consider Cloud and SaaS ERP deployment models. As a growing company it is critical that you have a deployment model that best fits your requirements for cost, scalability and flexibility. In this whitepaper, we look at the increased willingness of organisations to consider the SaaS model for their ERP solutions; current ERP deployment statistics, and why SaaS may be attractive to smaller companies.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
With its promise of higher agility, IT efficiency, and cost savings cloud solutions are hard to pass up. But no business can make its move to the cloud in a single leap. This paper describes how enlightened companies are approaching data centre automation in the age of cloud computing—and shares the lessons they’ve learned along the way. It provides real-world examples and practical advice for IT leaders who are interested in maximising the success and ROI of their automation strategies and investments. Find out more on how to achieve transformative efficiency gains—without disrupting IT.
Many organisations rely on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with their IT service providers to ensure that they are receiving the service for which they are paying. While the theory associated with using SLAs as a service management mechanism is appealingly straightforward, in practice SLAs are too often a poor or ineffective tool because of the way in which they are defined and measured. Read more about some of the common pitfalls and suggest how to avoid them.
Key priorities for the Government are to improve the nation's productivity and deliver better customer services. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) has been identified as a key enabler, however, amongst the emerging opportunities, the rapidly changing technology environment raises a plethora of challenges Government must address. This whitepaper outlines the challenges associated with some recent technology developments and the importance of independent assurance of service delivery. Download now.
There is a tectonic shift underway which underpins an unprecedented growth in ecommerce. The proliferation of mobile devices, especially tablets, is changing the way we search and purchase goods and services. This whitepaper outlines at a high level the fundamental change in consumer behaviour and its impact on ecommerce, takes a closer look at why well performing online services are critical to the success of ecommerce and what can be done to ensure that they always perform at peak. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT