This ESG whitepaper details how SMBs can get access to functional capabilities typically found in larger, enterprise-class arrays, but for an entry-level price. • When ESG surveyed 412 SMB IT and business professionals, only 18% of those surveyed cited that IT professionals are the technology decision makers • The need for advanced IT capabilities isn’t limited to big companies. Competent IT is an important philosophy for organisations of all sizes • SMBs and enterprise branch offices have less sophisticated operations and a smaller support staff, but they can still use technology to drive efficiencies
This whitepaper pushes mid-sized businesses to rethink what’s possible for their data storage and protection, explaining how to experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point.
• A simple user interface can perform all block-and file-oriented operations • Advanced efficiency services, such as thin provisioning and file deduplication with compression, reduce initial capacity requirements by up to 50% • Continuous fault detection and self-healing ensure data stays correct and returns correctly so that data is recoverable and accessible throughout its lifecycle
The need for advanced IT capabilities for competitive advantage isn’t limited to big companies. This whitepaper details how SMB’s and entry-level companies can still access functional capability and good economic value through the power of technology.
With many backup and recovery strategies not keeping up with rampant data growth and increasing migration to virtual environments, many in-house IT budgets are stretched to breaking point. This whitepaper outlines the best practice in delivering a backup strategy that is efficient, effective and affordable. Click to download!
Virtualisation is never ‘a once size fits all’ proposition. Particularly for SMBs who are looking for third-party solutions, there is no shortage of vendors offering solutions. This whitepaper is a how-to guide for identifying what you need and how to determine which solution would deliver the perfect fit for your organisation. Click to download!
Can an organisation’s backup and recovery strategy keep pace with rampant virtualisation. With possible untamed data growth, data management problems are increasingly compounded, leaving a strategy with possible points of weakness. Read how to deliver a solution that is both cost effective and minimises possible business downtime.
Integrated Computing Platforms, such as EMC VSPEX RAs, provide a solution by eliminating the time (and cost) of designing, testing, and engineering integrated environments with components built independently of one another. These validated architectures are ready for production environments upon delivery, and offer a single point of support should IT require it. Learn more on how a leading IT vendor has aligned product innovation with an IT market need to improve efficiency, performance, and value for SMBs.
Cloud computing promises to help midmarket companies reduce cost and complexity in the IT equation – and gain the flexibility and agility they need to thrive. Yet charting a clear course to the cloud isn’t always easy. In this paper, we aim to clear the clouds. We examine different cloud computing models, discuss the types of requirements that each can best address, and consider what midmarket businesses should look for in a cloud solutions provider.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW